Fuquay-Varina Impact Fee Settlement
Case No. 19-CVS-8602
North Carolina General Court of Justice, Superior Court Division
If you paid Water or Sewer Acreage Fees, Impact Fees, Capacity Fees, Fire Line Fees or System Development Fees to the Town of Fuquay-Varina from June 24, 2016 through June 30, 2018, you may be eligible to receive a payment from a Class Action Settlement.
- This website informs you of a proposed settlement in a class-action lawsuit.
- The class action settlement resolves a lawsuit about water and sewer acreage fees, impact fees, capacity fees, fire line fees, and/or system development fees (herein cumulatively “impact fees”) paid to the Defendant Town of Fuquay-Varina (“the Town”) from June 24, 2016 through June 30, 2018. The lawsuit alleged that the Town unlawfully imposed certain water and/or sewer impact fees without authority from the North Carolina General Assembly.
- The settlement provides for monetary payments over two years in relation to the amount of impact fees paid to the Defendant Town of Fuquay-Varina from June 24, 2016 to June 30, 2018.
- Your rights and options, and the deadlines to exercise them, are explained in the Notice, so please read the Notice carefully.
- These rights and options — and the deadlines to exercise them — are explained in the Notice. The deadlines may be moved, canceled, or otherwise modified, so please check this settlement website regularly for updates and further details.
- The Court in charge of this case still has to decide whether to approve the settlement. Payments will be made if the settlement is approved.
You can get more information or have questions answered by calling the offices of Class Counsel toll-free:
Shipman & Wright, LLP
575 Military Cutoff Road, Suite 106
Wilmington, NC 28405